Monday, January 22, 2007

collages

Last evening my husband suggested we make collages with the boys. I am not one to turn down an art project, so I dug through some old magazines and found a few that I was willing to cut up. We had much fun, although it took a good deal more time that we expected.

by Parker, age 3 (lots of help gluing from mom)

by Zach, age 6

Mine

And Kev's masterpiece. (this was my favorite)

And I finally finished up Milly's little dress. I added 3 snaps to the back and I sewed a little ruffle to the bottom to finish it off a little better and to add a bit of length. I am very pleased with how it turned out considering this was my first real attempt at doll clothes in a good long time. My little ones all love Milly. I am almost ready to try another softie, this time with wool felt maybe? But I am trying to be good, and I want to whittle down my in progress list a bit first. We'll see how that goes.

Gratitudes:

1. A shopping trip with my friend Rhonda and our little ones this morning.

2. My little girl. She is nearly 9 months old and such a sweet little thing...I love snuggling her.

3. My boys who add so much joy to our family.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

What a fun family project!! I have trouble actually giving up magazines to cut up. I'm sure I'll never read them, but you just never know! Looks like you sacrificed a PB catalog, right! Love them all! I have to tell you how lucky you are, my husband would rather cut off his arm and glue that back on before he would make a collage!

To comment on your comment...The flowers were much easier to knit than you might think. Increasing is about the only hard thing you have to know how to do. Sydney has the same problem as Abby...people have always called her a boy, especially men. Even if she is wearing pink! It is extremely annoying. We try to do a lot of pony tails, which is hard since poor girl is a little challenged in the hair department!

Anonymous said...

You looked like you had great fun. I also noticed the PB catalogue photos. I have to wait until a trip to the states before I can collect them (luckily I go about twice a year). Enjoy your little girl - they grow up so quickly!

Linda said...

I agree, what a fun family art project! Now tell me, can you really see J doing such a thing? Not in a million years. You are lucky that Kevin is so good
about that kind of stuff.

Milly is adorable, I can see why everyone loves her!

I so miss you guys! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up! I can't believe that Parker is almost 4 already! Enjoy them while they are little.

becki said...

You've been tagged!

I am tagging you for 6 weird things because I love your blog.

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Linda said...

Too funny, I just looked a little closer at Zach's and saw R2D2. "Star Wars" LOL

Clair said...

A fun family project. I bet you all had fun and some good bonding time. I wish I could have been there to participate.

Annie Crow said...

Love your softies, especially that you make them without patterns. I used to when I was small and have been tempted to do so again - maybe when on maternity leave this winter - if this baby actually sleeps on his own.

I take it your husband is a musician! How cool! I happen to think musician husbands are the best - mine understands my obsessions since he has his own.